Estimating Services for Construction Trades Australia Wide
Bastow Estimating provides comprehensive estimates, quote preparation and variation claim assistance for Construction Trades Australia wide.
Quantity Take offs
Accurate project specific quantities for your trade using on screen take off software. The quantities will then be provided in an excel format that you require.
Comprehensive quantity take offs for the following trades are available.
- Concreting and formwork
- Ceilings and walls
- Roofing and roof plumbing
- Cabinet works
Addendum’s issued by the builder during the tender process will be checked and added where required to ensure that the take-off matches the most relevant documentation.
Tender closing dates will be checked and deadlines will be met.
Building Trade Quote Preparation
Preparation of competitive quotes tailored to your trade and business, including the following items.
- A quote cover letter
- Take off
- Clients contact details
- Project specific inclusions and exclusions.
- Payment terms
- Transmittal of tender documents used
- Rated bill of quantities (if provided by the builder at tender stage)
- Variations received during the tender period
- Quote breakdowns required by the builder
- Time and date of quote submission
- I am also experienced with using Bidcontender and Estimate one and can help you use these tools to source more projects to price if required.
- All rates and quantities used in the preparation of your quote will remain confidential.
Variation Claim Assistance
Variations are a fact of life in the construction industry. It is rare for the documents provided at contract stage to be the same as at completion. Variation pricing is often required urgently by the builder’s Project Manager and/or Contract Administrator so that they can price, and claim it with their client. This often puts pressure on the subcontractor and if there is delay of providing the required information it can lead to friction between the builder and contractor. In the worst case scenario if there is a long period of delay variation claims can be missed by both the builder and subcontractor resulting in losses for both parties.
If you require assistance with this side of your business We are able to help you quantify and price these requests by the builder. The original contract documents and ongoing versions will be used against each variation. This will ensure that any changes made to the original contract are not missed.